Apple Arcade differs from Google Stadia in that it offers not only online features. With this service, you can download your favourite games and play them anywhere and at any time. Stadia requires a good Internet connection so that you can play AAA class games, and you can’t download them to play later.
The best way to describe what Apple Arcade is is to imagine that you’ve got a whole fridge of various foods instead of a dinner plate. The convenience of the service also lies in the fact that it allows you to organize access to the content to six members of your family.
And the most accurate definition of Apple Arcade is like Netflix for video games. After all, Netflix allows your loved ones to access content on different accounts, which means that the same videos, for example, you and your loved ones can watch from different devices. Approximately the same will apply to the ability to play selected games with Apple Arcade.
What will we get?
Initially, Apple Arcade will appear with hundreds of very solid games with beautiful design and deep plots. They are designed for different platforms Apple TV, Mac, iPad and iPhone. In addition, cloud preservation of progress in games between various devices is also provided.
Apple has teamed up with top developers to offer gamers only the best games and, at the same time, remove both advertising and in-game purchases from them. And that, and the other in recent years, widespread free-to-play monetization pretty tired of gamers.
Now it will be possible, having subscribed, to get high-quality content in full form, without restrictions and advertising.
What games to expect?
As we have already mentioned, over 100 different games will be released for this platform. It is precisely known that such titles will be in the list:
- Where Cards Fall is an emotional teenager puzzler.
- The Pathless is a surrealistic adventure on a mythological theme, the main characters of which are the hunter and the eagle trying to save the world.
- LEGO Brawls is a multiplayer game in which players will have to compete in construction.
- Hot Lava – the floor is lava. Perhaps it’s better not to describe this game. In it, you can play on the go with friends.
- Oceanhorn 2: Knights of the Lost Realm – a continuation of the cult game Oceanhorn, which takes place a thousand years after the events of the main game. Of course, given here is just gorgeous.
- Beyond a Steel, Sky is another sequel that perfectly combines puzzles and adventures. There are many other projects already confirmed by the developers. As a result, Apple Arcade will get just an unreal mix of content for every taste.
How much will the subscription cost?
The exact cost of a subscription to Apple Arcade has not yet been named. It is clear that its price will not be low – the amount should cover the cost of maintaining the service and the cost of the games themselves.
In addition, the service will be able to use as many as six people, so the price of a subscription is likely to exceed the cost of similar in Netflix.